1st Annual European Conference For Critical Animal Studies
The Future of Critical Animal Studies
This day conference will bring academics and activists together to consider future ways of addressing the radical implications of critical work on understanding and dealing with with other species and discuss interspecies relations, cultures, and systems of domination.
- Venue: Foresight Centre, University of Liverpool, UK (Building 359 on the Campus Map)
- Date: April 23rd, 2010
- Speakers: Alistair Currie (PETA); Professor Celia Deane-Drummond (Chester and CAFOD); Jasmijn de Boo (Animals Count); Professor Robert Garner (Leicester); Dr Simon James (Durham); Dr Dan Lyons (Uncaged Campaigns); Dr Karen Morgan (Cardiff); Dr Anat Pick (UEL); Dr Richard Twine (Lancaster); Dr Richard White (Sheffield Hallam). Full speaker information and programme.
- Registration Fee (includes lunch and refreshment): £40 (waged) / £30 (students and unwaged). Registration Form.
- For further details, contact Dr. Stephen R. L. Clark at the Department of Philosophy, University of Liverpool.
Please let us know if accommodation is needed on either the night of April 22nd or April 23rd.
Department of Philosophy, The University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3BX
Tel: 0151 794 2787
Fax: 0151 794 2789
- With enough advance notice, we may be able to arrange a conference discount at a local hotel.
- This conference is sponsored by the Institute for Critical Animal Studies, the Society for Applied Philosophy, the Mind Association, and the Department of Philosophy at the University of Liverpool.